Thursday, February 26, 2009

INTRODUCTION - SISTER PORTMAN'S PIRATE

It's becoming traditional that I post an image that has nothing to do with the blog subject! This piece of art is by our talented eldest granddaughter. (My mother also was an artist.)

Granddaughter is 25 years old, by the way, so perhaps I ought to ask her about young modern women! She lives in a big (well, 10,000 people) country town 45km (30 miles) from our small one, but is very hip. (Now, is that word still in use? Maybe 'cool' is better.) But then, all 7 of our granddaughters are 'cool'! And I'd better mention the 6 cool grandsons too!

Okay, now for the Introduction as promised. It's self explanatory, but I should let you know that the first chapter of the book begins 12 years after those events, with the heroine setting sail from Plymouth to join one of her brothers in Nova Scotia, Canada, by way of the U.S. east coast. And that's all I'm going to tell you! Here we go... Gosh, I hope it works, or I'm going to look pretty silly...

Rats, it wouldn't upload from My Documents. I officially look silly. Now I'm going to have to print it out and copy it into another post. Darn, darn, darn. There's probably another way to do it, but I'm not particularly computer savvy. Be patient a little longer, please!

Monya

No comments: