Wednesday, November 4, 2015

LIFE HAPPENS

The second of my granddaughters to marry. Laura walking to her wedding to long time partner Troy, on the arm of her father, my - our - second son. In a beautiful setting by the river. A very happy occasion, not least for me because all thirteen grandchildren were present.
    Arthur died two months before, and Laura's maternal grandmother a month after him. I am her last remaining grandparent, and honorary grandparent to Troy.
    Laura's simple dress - she isn't one for fussy clothes - needed no embellishment. It was made from a length of 200 year old French lace, and since no dry cleaner would touch it, was treated for removal of the aged yellow colour, and ironed, and cleaned afterward, by a fabric expert at the Museum.
     I have had difficulty regaining my writing mojo after a harrowing three years of Arthur's illness, but at last, very slowly and using methods against all the rules, have begun on a modest romance which will probably never be published. But I must be able to say I tried.
     
    
    

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Mary,
The Pirate and the Puritan sounds like an interesting book I would like to read.
I searched it on the internet and the library and cannot find it under $178.00. Is there a real PDF download for it? Thank you, Wendy

-blessed b9, Catalyst4Christ said...

Amen. Find-out moe, Curly...